“DORCAS” is the women’s confederation branch of the Apostolic Assembly. The Apostolic Women sponsor the “Flor Azul Project” which raises funds to support our Foreign and National Missions programs. Currently, we have 20 missionaries around the world that are sustained by the diligent work of the local women’s chapters throughout the Unites States.
Visit the women’s official web site: www.aadorcas.com
National Women’s Board
Rita Gail Cedillo, daughter of Pastor Emeritus Ramiro and Ernestina Rodriguez from Texas, serves as the Confederation Ladies Auxiliary President. She received her Bachelor’s in Theology at Latin American Theological Seminary in 2001 and received her Masters in Education that same year. She is married to Pastor Rufino Cedillo, Jr. and they reside in Corpus Christi, Texas. They were called to the pastorship on September 28, 2013 at New Beginnings Apostolic Church. At the age of 8 years old, she was baptized in the name of Jesus and filled with the Holy Spirit. At the age of 16 years old, she began to serve in leadership as the Sector President and served the Messengers of Peace as Federation District Treasurer for many years until she was married in 2001. Immediately, after joining the Ladies Department, she served as Federation Vice-President, President and Treasurer for South Texas District for a total of 10 years. Her passion is to continue to share God’s light in this world and empower the Women of today to take their place in the Kingdom of God. This World needs Jesus!
Raquel Zavala serves as Confederation Ladies Auxiliary Secretary. She is the wife of 28 years to Brother Pedro Zavala and they reside in Arlington, Texas. She is the mother of Elizabeth and Peter and blessed by the marriage of her daughter with a son, Minister Hector Dominquez. She was filled with the gift of the Holy Ghost at the age of 9 and baptized by her father, Minister Ricardo Oliveros on April 11, 1983. She has served in leadership at the local level for the Messengers of Peace and for the ladies department at the local level as president, secretary and treasurer. She has served the ladies of North Texas District as Federation Secretary and President for over 10 years. She looks forward to continued service unto the Lord and His people.
I am Georgia E. Vásquez and was born in McFarland, California, the eldest of 4 children. I accepted the Lord Jesus as my Savior at the tender age of 10 and was baptized by my pastor, Florencio Aguilar. My husband is Joe M. Vasquez, who is Pastor at First Church of Chicago, Apostolic Faith Tabernacle (AFT) where we, by the grace of God, serve the beautiful congregation for almost 10 years now. Before that, we pastored the Fourth Church of Chicago for 6 years. Before being called to pastor, my husband served as assistant pastor to Honorary Bishop, Celestino Guzman.
– I am a friendship group leader and mentor to several leaders.
– I currently serve alongside my husband as Pastors of District Youth Department. (MOP, Mid West District)
– At Apostolic Bible College (CBAI) in my district, I am a teacher/facilitator for several classes.
– My husband and I serve as trainers for ministers and pastors with the Apostolic National Missions Department. We have served in “School of Pastors” for the past three years.
- At my local church, (AFT) I participate in the praise and worship team. I am also the adult and youth class teacher.
- I served as the Dorca’s President and Vice President at a District level in the Midwest District for several years.
– For five years, I was our District’s Apostolic Bible College Administrator.
For twelve years, I was the crisis counselor in a counseling and advocacy center for victims of sexual violence
Academic Accomplishments and Certifications
– Master of Arts in Ministry, (MAM) McCormick Theological Seminary – Chicago, IL
– Chaplaincy and Pastoral Care Internship McCormick Theological Seminary – Chicago, IL
– Bachelor of Arts in Theology (BA) Apostolic Bible College (CBAI)
– Certificate in Latino Theology and Ministry – (CHTM) McCormick Theological Seminary– Chicago, IL
– Certified Trainer of Sexual Abuse Prevention (D2L) Northcentral Technical College – Wausau, WI
My Immediate Family
My husband and I have been happily married for 33 years and we have 4 precious children: a son in High School who is 15 and three adult daughters. Our oldest has a Masters degree in Clinical Psychology. She and her husband, bro.
Miguel, have been married for 5 years and have a beautiful 15-month-old son.
Our twin daughters are single; one is a public school teacher and the other recently graduated from John Marshall Law School and is now a lawyer who works at the law offices of Montes & Associates, Chicago, IL. To serve God alongside my family y the greatest satisfaction and blessing that God has given me. My desire is to positively impact my children, my grandson and people I come in contact with, eternally.
I mention my children because they are an active part of our ministry at AFT.