“DORCAS” is the women’s confederation branch of the Apostolic Assembly. The Apostolic Women sponsor the “Flor Azul Project” which raises funds to support our Foreign and National Missions programs. Currently, we have 39 missionaries around the world that are sustained by the diligent work of the local women’s chapters throughout the Unites States.
Visit the women’s official web site: www.aadorcas.com
National Women’s Board
I was born in McFarland, California, the eldest of 4 children. I accepted the Lord Jesus as my Savior at the tender age of 10 and was baptized by my pastor, Florencio Aguilar. My husband is Joe M. Vasquez, who is Pastor at First Church of Chicago, Apostolic Faith Tabernacle (AFT) where we, by the grace of God, serve the beautiful congregation for almost 13 years now. Before that, we exercised pastoral ministry at the Fourth Church of Chicago for 6 years after receiving our Bishop and Pastor Celestino Guzman’s blessing. My husband served as assistant pastor to Bishop, Celestino Guzman for 12 years.
– I am a friendship group leader and mentor to several leaders.
– At International Apostolic Bible College (IABCI) in my district, I am a teacher/facilitator for several classes.
– At my local church, (AFT) I participate in the praise and worship team. I am also one of the the adult and youth class teachers.
– I served as the Dorcas’ Federation President and Vice President In the Midwest District for many year.
– For five years, I was our District’s Apostolic Bible College Administrator.
– I have served serve alongside my husband as Pastors of District Youth Department. (MOP, Mid-West District.
– My husband and I served as trainers for ministers and pastors with the Apostolic National Missions Department for three years, specifically the “School of Pastors”.
-For 2 years, I served as our National Ladies Auxiliary Treasurer.
For many years, I was the crisis counselor in a counseling and advocacy center for victims of sexual violence and continue volunteering my services of advocacy and education.
Academic Accomplishments and Certifications
– Master of Arts in Ministry, (MAM) McCormick Theological Seminary – Chicago, IL
– Chaplaincy and Pastoral Care Internship McCormick Theological Seminary – Chicago, IL
– Bachelor of Arts in Theology (BA) Apostolic Bible College (CBAI)
– Certificate in Latino Theology and Ministry – (CHTM) McCormick Theological Seminary– Chicago, IL
– Certified Trainer of Sexual Abuse Prevention (D2L) Northcentral Technical College – Wausau, WI
My Immediate Family
My husband and I have been happily married for 37 years and we have 4 precious children: an 18-year-old son who is a university student and three adult daughters. Our oldest has a master’s degree in Clinical Psychology. She and her husband, bro. Miguel, have 2 beautiful sons, Liam and Ethan who immensely fill our lives with joy and laughter.
Our twin daughters are professionals; one is a teacher and the other a lawyer who was mentored by Attorney Jorge Montes, Chicago, IL. To serve God alongside my family is the greatest joy and blessing that God has given me. My children are an active part of my ministry and my desire is to positively impact them, my grandsons and people I come in contact with, for eternity.
Dr. Ruth Olvera-Crutchfield was born in 1973 as the daughter of migrants. Her father Rev. Juan Olvera converted to Christ under the ministry of Evangelist Gilberto Munoz. She was raised in the Apostolic Assembly and is a pastor’s daughter. She was baptized at the age of 13 in July of 1987 and received the gift of the Holy Spirit with the sign of speaking in tongues after a year of being baptized on a Wednesday service when there were few present but God’s presence was powerful in San Juan, TX.
She married Rev. Jason Scott Crutchfield in April 1995 and they have four beautiful children, Ayesha Kaitlin, Jared Nathaniel, Jayden Ian, and James Aidan who are twins. She holds a bachelor’s degree in Theology, a bachelor’s degree in Bilingual Communications Disorders, a master’s in Communication Disorders Bilingual Bicultural, and a Doctorate of Speech-Language Pathology. She was elected in August 2017 as president of the Ladies Federation of the South Texas Ladies Federation and continues to function as the South Texas Ladies Federation President through August of 2021. Her goal is to continue serving the Lord in the direction that God leads and most importantly continuing winning souls for Christ, walking as a living testimony of a present-day Apostolic woman. Her hobbies include singing, reading, writing, exercising, and spending time with her family.
Dina Prieto – Colorado District was born in 1981 in the State of Durango, Mexico, and was baptized in the name of Jesus Crist in the year 1998. Dina is a mom of two teenagers, Rosalie 18, and Sophia 16. She is a member of the House of Worship Church under her parent’s leadership, Rosalio, and Celia Prieto. She has worked in law enforcement for the last 20 years as an administrative assistant as well as Child Forensic Interviewer for 8 years. This year she completed a four-year term as Trustee for the Town of Silt where she resides.
She has worked on the district board for approximately 11 years in different capacities. In 2017, she was elected president, which she currently holds that position. She is very active in her local church in the music ministry, Sunday school, church secretary, and coordinator for special events. In 2016, she received her Bachelors in Theology from the Apostolic International Bible College and is currently in the process of obtaining her Psychology degree through Colorado Mountain College. In 2017, she was also named as the director for our national Still Standing Ministry.